Re: [dev] Linux sucks!

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 07:46:50 -0400

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Troels Henriksen <athas_AT_sigkill.dk> wrote:
> from the purview of the average computer user.

this is the biggest part of why he's an asshole. if you're not
willing to learn how to use a computer don't buy a computer. if your
biggest complaint about a piece of software is "I can't immediately
use it" then you are an asshole, full stop.

> You guys disagree with his views, but apparently from
> the perspective of an entirely different class of a user than he's
> trying to talk about.

since his views are fundamentally flawed, all conclusions he reaches
based on those views are tainted. he specifically says gstreamer
would be fine if everyone used it. this is patently false, just as
how theft would still be wrong even if everyone in the world had a go.

> Why not respond with "I don't care about the
> problem he's talking about" rather than ranting about how his arguments
> are all wrong when you apply them to something completely different than
> what he's talking about?

because it's not just that the things he says are wrong. the things
he thinks are wrong, the methodology by which he draws conclusions is
wrong, and the very fact that he was given a podium is wrong. he is a
complete and utter tool, totally devoid of worth, and nothing he said
in that entire presentation was in the slightest bit interesting,
correct, or useful.

does that clear anything up?

--
# Kurt H Maier