Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 10:00:11 +0100

Some of us are socially retarded, excuse them.

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Martin Kopta <martin_AT_kopta.eu> wrote:
> 2) Does that mean dwm won't gain any more features?
> 3) Does that mean the code will be cut short to make place for another
> features?

dwm won't gain any big features. Generally, if you want something in
dwm you hack its source then you make it available as a patch which is
eventually shared on this ML or the wiki.

> 4) Should be the code made smaller by witty constructions or do you prefer
> boring and obvious constructions (which are generaly longer)?

I'm guessing witty means clever here. The code has to remain simple
and understandable in order to be hackable but keep in mind that it's
still targeted to experienced hackers.

> 5) Will be the limit of 2 kSLOC lifted up?

Maybe it will when support for Xinerama in Xorg will finally end. I
think it used to be 1k not so long ago.