Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Robert Ransom <rransom.8774_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 06:46:40 +0000

On 2011-10-31, Anthony Campbell <ac_AT_acampbell.org.uk> wrote:
> On 31 Oct 2011, Andrew Hills wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Jeremy Jackins <jeremyjackins_AT_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Aside from wmii, what other projects do you have in mind? I'm suddenly
>> > nervous that my favorite software is going to start to disappear...
>>
>> I think dwm, dmenu, and st are slated for removal, based on prior
>> discussions on this list.
>>
>> --Andrew Hills
>
> As one who has arrived at dwm only a couple of weeks ago and like it a
> lot, I find this discussion alarming, if I understand it correctly. I
> came here via xmonad, which I also like; but I was largely defeated by
> Haskell. I don't know C either but I have been able to figure out
> config.h to produce the changes I want.
>
> Does this mean that I should be going back to struggling with Haskell?

Andrew Hills appears to be joking. dwm and dmenu certainly will not
be removed from suckless.org; st doesn't seem to be headed away from
there.

If you want to customize your window manager, choose whichever WM is
easier for you to modify. I preferred xmonad until my Haskell system
started breaking.

Robert Ransom