Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:11:28 +0100

On 31 October 2011 10:01, Martin Kopta <martin_AT_kopta.eu> wrote:
> Are there any explicit rules which project must follow in order to be part
> of suckless? What is the line in here?

I'm working on such guidelines. The main aspects are:

1. Relevance/Elitism: the project must be relevant in the context of
suckless.org's target audience, it must target expert
users/developers/administrators and _not_ typical end users.

2. Simplicity: the project must solve the problem in a simple way and
in a proper language. We only accept C and Go at the moment.

3. Quality: the project must aim to be a quality finished product once
exceeding the 1.0 version number and be maintained afterwards.
Unmaintained projects will be removed after a grace period of one
year.

4. Frugality: the project must be maintainable by a single individual,
thus it should not exceed 10k SLOC (ideally it fits < 2kSLOC).

5. Exclusivity: the project must be unique, i.e. it should not solve a
problem that is solved by another suckless.org project.

I hope this is a good starting point.

Cheers,
Anselm