Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:33:28 -0400

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:45 AM, <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Putting elitism and relevance in the same line just doesn't make sense
> -- consider following: by chance, hundreds thousands of non-expert users
> discover the beauty of dwm through some end-user-friendly distro and
> overnight it's not only used by experts. Would it be then less relevant
> to experts?

No, it then becomes a pain in the ass for experts, because you get
hundreds of illiterate assholes storming mailing lists and irc
channels with messages that read "HI I AM A LARGE BUTT AND SOME JERK
PACKAGED WMII AND MY PHP CONFIGURATION SCRIPT ISN'T WORKING WHERE I
CAN I SEND PATCHES TO INCOMPETENTLY FIX THIS NON-ISSUE???" Meanwhile
the ostensible maintainer of the software in question has swan-dived
off the face of the internet and can't be arsed to apply any patches,
even stupid ones.

If you're so concerned about dead, rotting code being removed from
suckless.org, open a bitbucket account, mirror all the endangered
suckless repos on it, and forget about it.

--
# Kurt H Maier