Re: [dev] DWM Xinerama

From: Roger <rogerx.oss_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 04:12:30 -0900

> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 12:28:18PM +0200, Ruben Mikkonen wrote:
> DISPLAY="display" program, if I recall correctly.
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Roger <[1]rogerx.oss_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've just configured two monitors on one NVidia card (DVI-I-1 and VGA-0)
> using
> the Nouveau driver. �(For more info and configuration, see Gentoo-Wiki
> DWM web
> page, easily found using Google.)

Negative on that. The Nouveau driver using one video card with VGA/DVI outputs
using XRandR-1.2 doesn't create two displays.

Now, using the xorg nv driver, one could use two screen sections, but as of
XRandR-1.2, I'm not sure. But this scenario would create the two displays (ie.
DISPLAY :0.0, DISPLAY :0.1) so that one could export a program into.

As I hack away here, the more I see DWM Xinerama is really Xinerama Extension,
but with XRandR enabled still. Somehow I was able to specify Xinerama Enable
within the xorg.conf and I wasn't able to execute xrandr due to it being
disabled by Xinerama. Hence, very confusing.

But I've set things up per Nouveau's XRandR-1.2 web page. wmctl doesn't see
anything. No Display to export to. Only method is to move the mouse to the
second monitor and use MetaKey+P (aka DMenu) to start a program on that
display.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/