Re: [dev] DWM Xinerama

From: Benjamin R. Haskell <suckless_AT_benizi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:54:11 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011, Roger wrote:

> I'm using dwm-5.9. I'd love to get a dwm-9999.ebuild into Gentoo, but
> some hate cvs/svn/git ebuilds and I have a tough time getting them
> into Gentoo.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have an ebuild in the first
place for a piece of software that requires you to alter its source in
order to configure it.

Depending on what patches (if any) you apply, dwm consists of two source
files (on the non-draw.c branch). Clone the hg sources, compile it,
copy `dwm` into ~/bin, and be happier not fighting with an ebuild
and/or bureaucracy.

If you really want an ebuild for it, just create it yourself in a local
repository.

--
Best,
Ben