Re: [dev] [dmenu] Readline Bindings

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:00:34 +0100

On 14/11/2011, Bastien Dejean <nihilhill_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I happen to use dmenu to move image files around from within sxiv and,
> in this context, I found the default C-w behavior to be inappropriate.

I'll have a think about whether there's a compromise.

> Well, suppose you're using C-f to move down in the list of matches, then
> you want to move up, you hit C-b because it's the natural symmetric of
> C-f and you end up moving the cursor backward in the search string.

No, if you're part-way through the results and you hit C-b you just
move back through the results. Only if you cannot go back do you begin
to move the cursor; dmenu is a menu first, an input field second. (And
C-n / C-p don't move the cursor at all.)

cls