[dev] Bifrost/Linux - statically linked distro

From: Paul Onyschuk <blink_AT_bojary.koba.pl>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:39:00 +0100

I searched mail archives, but I did not find anything related to
Bifrost Linux, so I'm sharing this with you.

Bifrost [1] is a small Linux distribution for USB media. What can be
interesting for suckless folks is that it is statically linked (no
/include and /lib contains only kernel modules and other small parts).

Build system [2] for Bifrost is available, I did not investigate it
further. It seems that uClibc and dietlibc is used instead of glibc.
The bad is that build system is written in bash.

Anyway, maybe someone will find this useful.

[1] http://bifrost.slu.se/
[2] https://github.com/jelaas/bifrost-build