Re: [dev] [dwm] about _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW support

From: Andreas Amann <amann_AT_physik.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 23:44:38 +0100

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 12:29:38PM +0100, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
> On 8 January 2012 02:03, Andreas Amann <amann_AT_physik.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >
> > I use the attached patch for this. In addition it also maintains a
> > NetClientList, which exposes the list of managed windows in the ewmh
> > recommended way.
>
> Which kind of program is using this client list?

The attached shell script for example. I bind it to Alt-W as a quick and dirty
dmenu based windows selector. For me the quickest way of finding and
focusing a particular window.

Google shows quite a couple of other programs which seem to use
NetClientlist, but still I think it is not worth the trouble to support it
in mainline dwm.

Andreas