Re: [dev] One Border is Not Enough

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 12:07:00 -0000

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 12:02:01 -0000, Troels Henriksen <athas_AT_sigkill.dk>
wrote:
> "Bjartur Thorlacius" <svartman95_AT_gmail.com> writes:
>
>> This could be implemented as a gap between windows in tile(). Just
>> offset windows a few pixels more than {wh,ww} + 2*borderpx. Dwm.c is
>> probably more readable than the previous sentence.
>
> You'd also need to construct a border pixmap rather than the current
> single-colour border. I'm not entirely certain how those are tiled,
> though.

You could just use the root window. It's suboptimal, but works. Just set
the background color of root and let a glimpse shine trough between
windows. That way you don't need to put the double-border at edges of the
screen. IMO borders or gaps should only be between windows.

tl;dr Just draw the second border on the root window.

--
-,Bjartur