Re: [dev] One Border is Not Enough

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 13:08:55 +0000

On 15 January 2012 10:55, Bastien Dejean <nihilhill_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Solution: add a separation border between the window boundary and the
> focus border. The contrast between the separation border and the focus
> border should be high and constant.

This is only solvable in the general case by making dwm reparent,
which won't happen.

On 15 January 2012 12:29, Bastien Dejean <nihilhill_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> No: this is more likely a general design problem as stated in my
> original message. I don't want to choose my active border color based on
> some design flaw and “very unlikely” is not enough.

Your work is so mission critical that mistaking window focus being
"very unlikely" is not enough? Well then, the only way to avoid such a
mistake is to maximise every window (i.e., monocle mode); any
alternative will inevitably lead to locus errors at some point (cf.
The Humane Interface [1]).

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Humane_Interface

Thanks,
cls