Re: [dev] [dwm] running rdesktop in full-screen

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:12:15 +0000

Þann fim 26.jan 2012 18:12, skrifaði Dennis Yurichev:
> I'm running rdesktop from terminal window with -f option meaning
> full-screen. But when I try to escape from it by pressing
> RCtrl-RAlt-Enter, rdesktop tries to change its window's geometry but
> can't, and stays in full-screen mode. Is there something I miss?

Dwm keeps a fullscreen flag of every managed window. That flag is
automatically set for windows of requested dimensions equal to those of
the screen. I do not remember how or if that flag can be unset (without
restarting dwm), but it might be bound to Mod1+Shift+t or Mod1+Shift+f.
I have rarely managed to unfloat windows (a separate flag, but related)
in dwm, so expect bugs. I suspect many dwm engineers just use monacle
mode and hide the bar (Mod1+m Mod1+b).
I haven't pulled in a while, so this message may or may not apply to tip.