Re: [dev] [dwm] Optional status bar

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 23:55:40 +0000

Þann lau 28.jan 2012 22:40, skrifaði Suraj N. Kurapati:
> DBus is overkill. A named pipe or UNIX domain socket would suffice.
I think even doing it the Xorg way would be an overkill.

I'm in favor of splitting tagging into a separate program drawing to a
subwindow of a panel. Some people use tagging, the dwm way, but others
grouping into workspaces. A decision one way or another should not limit
the choice of layouts. Layouts should be portable, at least as copyable
source code files between dwm derivatives.