[dev] [dwm] drop the bars (was: systray in upstream dwm?)

From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach <jceb_AT_e-jc.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 07:41:56 +0200

Good Friday,

Thank you Anselm for explaining the issue. From my point of view there
is no other way of implementing a proper systray for dwm as long as it
contains the bars and has no interface.

Why don't we drop the bars and keybindings and let separate programs
handle it. There are also other patches like Xft that show that there is
a need for choice and extension. Building everything into dwm is not a
good idea, agreed. So let's create a proper interface for dwm that other
programs can use.

Jan Christoph