Re: [dev] simple dhcp client

From: Kurt H Maier <khm-suckless_AT_intma.in>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:49:05 -0400

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 05:40:31PM -0500, Galos, David wrote:
> I've written a simple (~500 lines) dhcp client, using the plan9 client
> as reference. It compiles statically to between 8 and 30K depending
> on libc, and gets me onto all the networks I've thrown at it, but
> that's a terribly small list.
>
> I thought it might be of use to the people here. The source is at
> galos.no-ip.org/sdhcp.tar.gz or galos.no-ip.org/sdhcp-helper.tar.gz
> depending on whether you think a pipe-fed helper-script is a good
> idea.
>
> The manpage, and galos.no-ip.org/sdhcp both have more information.

This is good work. I've tested it on about six networks so far and
nothing blew up. I'll test it on the enterprisey ridiculous network at
the office tomorrow.

Two things:
1) do you have a public repository? If not, I'm sure we can get you on
hg.suckless, or if you prefer git I can set you up on my server.

2) how do you feel about bringing this back to the c89 standard? I
realize this isn't a trivial process, but you should join #suckless on
oftc if you're interested in discussing it. ping kfx or cls about this
topic, please.

Thanks again, this is good!