Re: [dev] Build system: redo

From: Truls Becken <truls.becken_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:55:41 +0200

On 2012-08-02, at 00:15, pancake wrote:

> Tup is cool but i find it quite bloated to depend on sqlite. And requires to rebuild the cache for every new file.
>
> Apart from that the rules looks good and graph theory makes the papers cool.

I have not tried Tup, but the idea of tracking dependencies by monitoring which files are actually used by commands sounds interesting, although it is a bit of a hack.

I'm wondering one thing, however; doesn't this make the build accidentally depend on quite irrelevant things such as shell profiles?

-Truls