Re: [dev] any update on stali?

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:53:27 +0200

On 23 August 2012 16:11, Joaquim Pedro França Simão <osmano807_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder if there is any news about stali. I searched the mail list, but had
> no activity on this recently.

No real news yet on stali, but the project is already on the top of my
long TODO list. I actually consider investigating
http://www.android-x86.org/ for stali, though not sure how useful
it'll be.

The point of stali I want to make is, a system that is fully
self-contained. No package manager -- one tool for each task only. No
fancy configuration file. No fancy user management (probably just 1
user system).

It should be as simple, bare and usable as possible -- and updatable
using git or rsync or something similar over the network. Ideally the
system won't require any disk space (should fit into the RAM +
probably some sdcard for the config).

Cheers,
Anselm