[dev] Google Hangout

From: Jaros³aw Rzeszótko <sztywny_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:09:54 +0100

Hi,

I am running dwm 6.0 (and I tried also without any additional patches and
using the default configuration file) and when I install the newest version
of the Google Talk plugin, open a hangout in Google Plus and select "Screen
sharing" a window appears for a fraction of a second and then the Google
Talk plugin crashes. This happens only with dwm, I tried several other
window managers, including other tiling ones, in different modes, and with
them it worked correctly without issues. Now I know Google products might
not appeal to the crowd here, and they don't necessarily appeal to me
either, but I need the hangouts for my telework and it is not a choice made
by me. Also I think this must be a problem with dwm behaving in a
non-standard-compliant way in some respect so it would be well worth fixing.

If someone has any idea altogether at all about how to attack this, I would
be willing to try to debug it or submit a patch. I hacked on dwm a bit in
the past, I just have no idea how to go about diagnosing a problem like
this.

Cheers,
Jaros³aw Rzeszótko