Re: [dev] Google Hangout

From: Jaros³aw Rzeszótko <sztywny_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:38:59 +0100

Hi,

I attach straces from dwm (crash) and from awesome for comparision (no
crash). The turning point seems to be the attempt to clone some
process and then the program crashes with the select call visible in
the strace (this is the last call before a segfault, then the program
and strace exit). The part of the gdb stack trace from the segfault
that is still readable starts like this:

#8 0xb7766d4b in start_thread () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#9 0xb6df451e in clone () from /lib/libc.so.6

Maybe it is some kind of a thread-safety issue? I know too little
about window managers to investigate further on my own.

Cheers,
Jarek