Re: [dev] web browsers

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:20:05 +0100

Greetings.

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:20:05 +0100 hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, but opera might have enabled that since I last tried it, but just
> > heard some rumours :(
>
> And this was related to the per-site javascript
>
> I see that with the general userjs you could check for the site first,
> so it would be possible to make per-site CSS and javascripts from
> userjs in all chrome, opera, surf

I dislike the idea of having to run Javascript on every website visit
just to filter Javascript. The only reason why CPUs were made faster is
because programmers are too incompetent?

Somehow this should be modularized, like some proxy to cache and filter
content to your will. Of course then a simple API is needed which surf
can call on shortcut to activate and deactivate the filtering per site.

There is no real satisfactory solution to all of this. :/

Either everything is modular, then the usability is missing or it’s a
big blob of functions – a web browser.

At least I don’t see any new idea on the horizont to add some meta
Javascript language which needs to be supported too. Let’s see how this
video debacle is coming along.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann