Re: [dev] print utility

From: Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:49:00 +0800

I really don't see the need for a tool like this. Saying sed and awk are
not suckless is like saying C is not suckless -- sed and awk are languages
with a very specific domain, text processing. Perhaps you think *an
implementation* sucks. Good. GNU coreutils packages awful versions of
awk/sed. If you want to debate that these tools suck on a conceptual level,
you've completely lost me, because your idea to completely cripple the user
from being able to do anything remotely interesting is downright baffling.

You have introduced ANOTHER binary to do a job that plenty of tools can
already do in a completely non-sucky way, which is the most sucky thing you
could have possibly done. I can only hope that you've mistakenly posted
this one day early for April 1st.

I'm not usually this annoyed on this ML, even if it is the norm, but
Christ. If this is serious, I just don't even know what to say about it.

Chris