Re: [dev] client-server model

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 20:34:23 +0200

anselm once got persuaded to make wmii a 9p server and scripts would
control much functionality via some 9p client script. then he dumped
all such ideas and concentrated on "single-host" software as he
describes above.
reasons are probably that networking and thus client/server stuff is
difficult on lunix without native 9p support. wmii resulted in yet
another newly written library just for that, which people perceived as
crude add-ons to lunix. and generally every abstraction has
trade-offs. dwm seems to be the xorg-only tradeoff.