Tags as tags (Was: [dev] Desktop warping for DWM?)

From: Manolo Martínez <manolo_AT_austrohungaro.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 22:13:53 +0100

On 11/14/13 at 05:57pm, Raphaël Proust wrote:
> dwm doesn't have “desktop”s. dwm has tags (by default 9 of them,
> although editing config.h can change that) and views (only 2: the
> current view and the alternate view). See
> http://www.wongdev.com/blog/2013/01/24/dwm-tags-are-not-workspaces/
> for details.

I've been referred to that blog post before, and I find it interesting
and useful. But what it probably is not is a description of the way dwm was meant to be
used or some such. The fact that the poster recommends changing the
default keybindings so as to promote treating tags as tags provides
evidence of this, I think: if the poster's way of thinking of dwm tags was the intended way, their
preferred keybindings would have been the default keybindings.

Manolo