Re: [dev] wswsh: a mksh web framework

From: Paul Onyschuk <blink_AT_bojary.koba.pl>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:12:48 +0100

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:57:56 +0200
Edgaras <devoas_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> I get why some people might not like markdown, or similar. Fix me if
> I'm wrong, but I think that Markdown and similar are also made to be
> human readable without any parser. And I'd dare to say that nether
> html not TeX or *roff are as human readable as Margdown and similar.
> Though of course previously mentioned issues are nothing to sneeze
> at, still I would consider this as major point in prefering something
> like Markdown. (also I guess that some issues, namely non-strictness,
> comes precisely from this goal, as people can write stuff in many
> ways)

Plain text is even more human friendly. Email composition is based on
conventions, not syntax - quotes, references etc. For many thing it
is good enough.

Few words on roff. I you stick to man, mdoc and ms macros and avoid
low-level roff stuff, it is quite nice format. On the first look it is
quite alien, but it originated on Unix and that shows off. Sed,
awk, grep and other standard tools work great with sane roff
document: you can stick to the oneliners (I don't think that this can
be said about any other document format).

--
Paul Onyschuk