Re: [dev] tabbed - why?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:31:13 +0100

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:07:24 -0500
Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> I seriously doubt that is the main advantage. The main advantage is
> efficient use of real estate, but not by showing all windows at all
> times. That would be very stupid and very inefficient.

And that's why dwm has tags, which in the end are multidimensional tabs.

I personally would use chromium in a multi-window instead of a
multi-tabbed setup, if it didn't take around 2 seconds for it to
initiate a new window.
Testing this way out with surf I really enjoyed it and found out that
you're much more aware of what you're doing and not stacking dozens of
tabs in one window.

Nevertheless, I am sure there are use-cases for tabbed I'm not aware of
yet.
One thing is clear though: It's not dwm's task to supply tabbing.

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>