Re: [dev] tabbed - why?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:48:43 +0100

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:29:06 -0500
Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> That is what is clearly not clear. In a group so focused on clarity
> and logic, I am amazed by the inability to give a concise answer other
> than "it's not my use case, but i'm sure there is one out there
> somewhere'

Well, our clarity is expressed by the fact we're not trying to extract
knowledge from where we clearly can't speak from experience.
I can't speak for the people using tabbed, but I know the
Unix-philosophy well enough to value a separate tabbing-program over
reimplementing this feature in dwm.

Thus this is in fact a pretty clear case, given tabbed is more than
sufficient for this task.
However: If you tell me a case where an integrated solution in dwm is
superior to tabbed, I'm open for this debate.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>