Re: [dev] Screencasts?

From: Bryan Bennett <bbenne10_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 17:24:42 -0400

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Caleb Malchik <cmalchik_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> For example, if I find an article on the web I want to come
> back to, I will copy the URL from the address bar, open a terminal window
> with ctl-shift-enter, type 'vi doc/toread', then paste the URL
> at the top of the file.

This is made slightly easier with something like pentadactyl, dwb,
vimb or luakit. There, I'd simply hit "y" (or "yy" depending on the
browser). This would copy the url of the current page into the primary
selection. From there, I might script a solution to open "doc/toread"
in a {g,}vim window if this were a common occurance for me.

That being said - I'd still be interested in seeing/hearing about how
other people treat terminals in dwm. I tend to spawn / kill a lot of
them and I'm sure that's not the most efficient way of using them.
Tmux/Screen/Abduco/dvtm/whatever haven't gotten 100% absorbed into my
workflow either so I'm sure there's some answer involving them.