Re: [dev][project] soap - a simple xdg-open replacement

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 22:08:41 +0200

On Tue, 6 May 2014 21:58:40 +0200
"Dmitrij D. Czarkoff" <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> You can. Use "text/html" mime type and a script to parse URLs. (You'll
> need to parse URLs anyway, if you want to do anything useful with them.)

Well, Youtube-links don't end with .html. That's the problem with
MIME-detectors.

> I must have worded it clearer: I suggested using mailcap as
> configuration format for soap. Or at least extend it to support
> whatever you want to support.

File-based configuration sounds interesting, but I personally see no
need to make it more complex than compiling it in directly. This
concept is already working great for dwm and other pieces of suckless
software.

Cheers

FRIGN

--