Re: [dev] C coded lightweight Linux vector graphics editor

From: patrick295767 patrick295767 <patrick295767_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 14:36:10 +0200

Hej Guys,

Some 5-7 years ago, we coded a lightweight vector graphic soft that
was based on Xlib. It used some key bindings of Adobe Illustrator, but
it was really too basic for anything.

We are coding a new one which is based on SDL, but project dvlpt is really slow.

Whatsoever I can use those 2 tools with the soft Clitex for book
making, which is based on the modern Harvard's IeX format (probably
the new successor for TeX).
And ... magic, beautiful book's opening. ;)

This heavy coding to make a SDL vector graphics is really heavy, and
more students might be needed to complete the job.
If one opensource will be released, I will let you know guys.

But still I think that SDL is the way to go since it can be ported to
various platforms easily.

- SDK?? I would never go in this direction.

I would avoid Tikz as well.

Cheers
Pat