Re: [dev] suckless distro

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 17:16:34 +0200

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 17:03:28 +0200
Sylvain BERTRAND <sylware_AT_legeek.net> wrote:

> This is where we disagree. You draw the line there: acceptance of
> the technical cost of make in your SDKs whatever the size.
> I guess, I draw the line somewhere else, damned!

Says the guy who puts

#This is a brutal makefile... but extremely easy to read as it is actually
#very basic makefile logic.

on top of a 450 LOC makefile[0]. Dr. Frankenstein would be impressed!

> Install windows and visual studio then. Subscribe to msdn. That
> argument is invalid. Don't accept "common" practice blindly like
> a "fanatic" :).

I'm talking about common practice in the scope of suckless software
development, not in the sense of software development in general.

If you really believed in GNU/Freedom(R), you would never even talk
about Microsoft. You've been unmasked!

> Then, you'll think I'm stupid, and I'll think you are stupid.
> Welcome in the human world.

With the difference that I'm not the only one here who thinks your
makefile-concept is stupid.

> Oh! "writing portable makefile" did pop up. Could you explain
> me why it relates to this topic?

Yes, because your points aren't.

Cheers

FRIGN