Re: [dev] [scron] simple cron daemon

From: Dimitris Papastamos <sin_AT_2f30.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 10:12:24 +0100

On Sat, Jul 05, 2014 at 09:30:25PM +0200, Džen wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Dimitris Papastamos <sin_AT_2f30.org> wrote:
> > I've forked scron[0] [...]
>
> Why fork scron if you could just provide useful patches to the original author?

Why do you assume that?

I made a number of patches, I notified the original author and he merged them in.
I worked on the project some more and almost completely rewrote many
parts of it. I notified the author, he thought that there's no point
for having duplicate work and he dropped the original project.

My repo started as a 'convenience' repo. I have many machines that I
work on so it is easier to just pull my dev repo from git.2f30.org
than keep track of patches that the original author may or may have
not merged. Then it kinda went from there.