Re: [dev] [sandy] Implement copy/paste/replace?

From: Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:52:39 -0400

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Dimitris Zervas <dzervas_AT_dzervas.gr> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I just wanted your opinion in implementing a feature inside the code
> or calling it via sh.
> Which are the advantages for calling a script?
> Isn't it performance killer?

In my editor, calling programs via sh has been an extremely powerful
tool. It literally opens your entire system up for use. I usually use
it for indenting large selections of text or mass find & replace.
Occasionally use awk too. Performance isn't an issue. I rarely ever
edit text files that are 2MB+. This may be different though from the
typical sandy user.