Re: [dev] Looking for simple, alpha supporting image format

From: Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:51:09 +0200

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Charlie Murphy <cmsmurp00_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there an image format that's simpler than PPM and that supports
> alpha transparency? PPM's syntax is too flexible; to parse an image
> you have to skip arbitrary whitespace in the header. You can't
> simply read() it.
>
> I'm looking for something like this[1] but with conversion tools for
> other formats.
>
> Charlie Murphy
>
> [1]: http://pastebin.com/vZEcxte3

Looks pretty okay to me, except, I'm in favor of replacing the last
blank in the header by NUL, because then you could avoid the dprintf,
of which I'm not sure how standardized it is.
Also, on line 49 you have a symbol naming error - no, you shouldn't
name one datap, and the other data.

cheers!
mar77i