Re: [dev] [sandy] Undo, redo and repeat

From: Dimitris Zervas <dzervas_AT_dzervas.gr>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:43:54 +0300

On July 15, 2014 11:20:44 AM EEST, Rafa Garcia Gallego <rafael.garcia.gallego_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>With Dimitris' recent vi(m) bindings came a bug.
>
>BUG: operations added via multiplication appear as a set of unchained
>single Undo(s). They should be chained so they are undone / redone
>together.
I've not looked at the undo code (seemed a bit scary when I scrolled pass it),
but can't we use the GroupUndo flag?
Not sure at all though, I'll check the code in a moment.

>Which made me realize:
>
>TODO: need to extend the repeat framework (i.e. the '.' command) to
>store operations, multiplication and their parameters.
>TODO: may need a replace implementation if we want to repeat commands
>like 'c2w' properly. We could use that to implement the 'R' mode too.
I think that we also want a cut implementation, instead of delete,
as it will serve the exact same purpose and cut will be used a lot.

I'll check to see how expensive is clip management (if at all) and I'll implement it, if you agree.