Re: [dev] Looking for simple, alpha supporting image format

From: v4hn <me_AT_v4hn.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 20:41:06 +0200

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 01:45:08PM -0400, Lee Fallat wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Truls Becken <truls.becken_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Charlie Murphy <cmsmurp00_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > How about putting the widthxheight in the file name and having RGBA
> > data only inside? Would that result in the best possible compression?
> >
> Put the header in a separate file...hahahah...I don't think putting
> information in the filename is a good idea. People are always renaming
> files. File names are for FILE NAMES, not metadata.

You can always put the header in a separate file (a different one
from the meta-data, because you obviously don't want dynamically-sized data in there)
and put everything together into a tar-file.

Seriously guys, get a repository and an issue tracker for that project
and stop using this list for development. Status reports are fine,
but the details of your discussions are of no relevance to the whole list.

Enjoy your weekend,

v4hn