Re: [dev] [st] will global-less changes be wanted upstream?

From: Steven Degutis <sbdegutis_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:04:12 -0500

> What is the point?

You're very right: There is no point to it anymore. The changes I've
made are necessary for a straight-forward OS X port, because in OS X,
applications have only one instance, but may have many windows; thus
if you wanted to open multiple terminals, they would all need to live
in the same process, which the current architecture of the program
does not allow. Otherwise the application would be limited to only
ever having one terminal emulator open, which seems to me like a
severe limitation. So, had these changes been made before I started my
port, it would have saved me a day of working on it. But you're right,
now that I've already done it, there's really no point in contributing
it back to the original codebase.

-Steven