Re: [dev] [RFC] Design of a vim like text editor

From: Jimmie Houchin <jlhouchin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 08:50:25 -0500

On 09/17/2014 06:22 AM, Alexander S. wrote:
> Oh, another C vs C++ holy crusade, it seems.

As a participant. I hope it can remain a reasonably rational, reasonably
fact based conversation even if it is a passionate one.

The reason I engaged the discussion is that I don't like reading
arguments against C++ that were written against and before C++11/14 and
its preferred model of programming. When there are possibly C++
advocates who may agree with some of the pre-C++11/14 arguments against,
but say we don't program that way.

It is easy to disregard old arguments when you don't know if they have
much fact for the current situation.

>>> Can't we have a civilized discussion ?
>> Is Maxime a male or female name?
> ...I wonder if you find your own question rude or not.

I think it is hard to imply anything here. Email is a incredibly
difficult medium to convey things across multiple cultures and
languages. And many not native to English.

It could simply be how do I refer to you as a he or she in conversation.
Even with my own name. It is predominantly male. I am male. very male,
husband, father, grandfather. But there are a reasonable number of women
with this name. So it is hard to assume anything, especially across
cultures and languages.

Jimmie