Re: [dev] [RFC] Design of a vim like text editor

From: Teodoro Santoni <asbrasbra_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:51:31 +0200

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 07:42:47PM +0100, Maxime Coste wrote:

> Seriously, there are a lot of bad design
> decision in Windows, as there a are a lot in modern linux userland, and
> they do not seems to stem from the implementation language.

When you pull in .NET and don't rewrite the code from the ground-up but merely
put new code atop the big c++ pile, it seems to me that probably c++ is
involved.

> I'm merely trying to defend the fact that I would like to post about a C++
> project on the suckless mailing list and have it judged on its own merits
> rather than on dogmatic ideas about its implementation language.

Welp, you made it, i'm hooking the bait. You're putting the editor out every
single goddamn time someone discusses about text editors: while anyone else
discusses ideas, you start with an overview on the idea and then say "hey my
project Kakoune yo download I did this and that git pull friend". You invested
three years of your life in that project, but this is development of
**another** text editor. And if you can't think outside the kakoune box, tell
it, so i can action-drop your emails.
If I'm not allowed to talk, having never ever programmed my
programmers'editor, I will make my text editor for programmers and then talk
again about text editors development, if you promise me you'll not get around
in my project praising your Kakoune editor.
About the editor: yo, 18k lines codebase, with Java-thought types. Without
having a builtin window manager! What the hell is that kakoune rc format,
vimscript lite?

--
Teodoro Santoni