Re: [dev] [RFC] Design of a vim like text editor

From: Hugues Evrard <hugues.evrard_AT_inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:06:13 +0200

On 09/19/14 15:20, Raphaƫl Proust wrote:
> I think this design is simpler: editors to edit
> text, they talk to a server about line numbers and character offsets,
> the server understands these positions as meaningful code entities.

I definitely agree on this point ! Better to have language-related info
outside the editor.

Steve Yegge has made some reference to his grok project, which aims at
providing this kind of support for several programming languages. A
public release was somehow planned, but I don't know if the project is
still under active development.

Not many things about grok on the web, I think the best description is:
http://bsumm.net/2012/08/11/steve-yegge-and-grok.html

And thanks to all for your remarks !
--
Hugues Evrard