Re: [dev] A new FIFO based tox client

From: Dimitris Papastamos <sin_AT_2f30.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:27:43 +0100

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 11:21:53PM +0100, Nick wrote:
> How does that sound? I'm tempted to hack something together, so
> feedback would be very welcome.

Please keep in mind that we have not yet written an external client
on top of the FIFO interface. It is likely that some important bits
are missing for the external script to operate correctly. I've tried
to envision what the external script would need to do and implemented
most things accordingly.

You are likely going to need inotify/kevent heavily to pick up events
like file creation/file modifications etc.

If you do start working on this, report back any issues you have
in this thread (or send a patch ofc!)