Re: [dev] [surf] tabs and clipboard

From: Dmitrij D. Czarkoff <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 15:18:00 +0100

Markus Teich said:
> I would like to open a link in a new tab with ctrl-button1 instead of opening up
> a new surf instance outside of tabbed.

You can already do it with ctrl-button2 (middle button/wheel). See
buttonrelease() in source if you really want to map it to button1.

> Also I noticed, if i select some text in surf it is not copied to the primary
> selection buffer, so I cannot use shift+ins (my primary way of pasting) to
> insert the selected text in this or any other surf instance.

Actually shift+ins is X11 clipboard, and surf indeed fills primary
selection and not X11 clipboard. You can use middle mouse button
(wheel) to paste. Otherwise you need a tool like parcellite¹, or you
can edit surf's source to make use of X11 clipboard.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff
¹ http://parcellite.sourceforge.net/