Re: [dev] [surf] tabs and clipboard

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 23:00:58 +0100

Heyho,

Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> Markus Teich said:
> > I would like to open a link in a new tab with ctrl-button1 instead of opening up
> > a new surf instance outside of tabbed.
>
> You can already do it with ctrl-button2 (middle button/wheel). See
> buttonrelease() in source if you really want to map it to button1.

Thanks, this works. I just changed one line in buttonrelease():

- newwindow(NULL, &arg, e->state & GDK_CONTROL_MASK);
+ newwindow(NULL, &arg, 0);

Now I can open links in the same tab/window with button1 and in a new tab/window
with ctrl-button1 as I wanted to.

> Actually shift+ins is X11 clipboard, and surf indeed fills primary
> selection and not X11 clipboard. You can use middle mouse button
> (wheel) to paste. Otherwise you need a tool like parcellite¹, or you
> can edit surf's source to make use of X11 clipboard.

I'll have a look into this as well soon.

--Markus