Re: [dev] [surf] tabs and clipboard

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 09:01:28 +0100

Greetings.

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 09:01:28 +0100 Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:
> Heyho,
>
> Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> > Markus Teich said:
> > > I would like to open a link in a new tab with ctrl-button1 instead of opening up
> > > a new surf instance outside of tabbed.
> >
> > You can already do it with ctrl-button2 (middle button/wheel). See
> > buttonrelease() in source if you really want to map it to button1.
>
> Thanks, this works. I just changed one line in buttonrelease():
>
> - newwindow(NULL, &arg, e->state & GDK_CONTROL_MASK);
> + newwindow(NULL, &arg, 0);
>
> Now I can open links in the same tab/window with button1 and in a new tab/window
> with ctrl-button1 as I wanted to.

Currently surf does open a new tab with the middle mouse click and when
you use the context menu with the right mouse click. What you changed
removed the possibility to open a new surf window outside of tabbed.

What’s the advantage of mapping this to Button1 and where would you put
the possibility to open a surf window outside of tab?

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann