Re: [dev] [surf] tabs and clipboard

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 13:03:33 +0100

Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> Currently surf does open a new tab with the middle mouse click and when you
> use the context menu with the right mouse click. What you changed removed
> the possibility to open a new surf window outside of tabbed.
>
> What’s the advantage of mapping this to Button1 and where would you put the
> possibility to open a surf window outside of tab?

I am mainly using a Laptop with no external mouse connected, so just touchpad. I
don't use the pointer that often (Nearly only to click on links in surf I
think). Since I also mostly use mono/fullscreen mode of dwm, opening single
Windows with no tabbing capability seems rather useless (more windows in the
view, more time spent finding the right one). However when researching some
stuff, I sometimes want to open a link in a new instance and since it does not
make sense for me to open it in a new window, I want to open it in a new tab.
Is this usecase clear enough or should I elaborate more?

--Markus