Re: [dev] [ii] Patch to use ii with UCSPI backend

From: Nico Golde <nico_AT_ngolde.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:22:38 +0100

Hi,
* younix <j.klemkow_AT_wemelug.de> [2015-01-15 22:41]:
> this diff changes the network connection of ii to the UCSPI[1] protocol.
> This makes ii much more flexible. With the UCSPI protocol you could use
> features like IPv6[2], SOCKSv5[3] or even TLS[3]. This diff extracts
> the socket handling infrastructure to an external program like
> tcpclient. So it shrinks the codebase and complexity.
>
> What is your opinion about this diff? At least it would be great to put
> this patch at the ii suckless webpage. So I could made an OpenBSD port
> (flavor) of it.

I would rather not want to include it upstream due to the additional
dependency. However, I really like the idea and think there is definitely a
value having that as an option. I see two possibilities and I have no
preference in either direction, either we put this as a diff on the website or
alternatively we maintain this in git as a branch. The website has the
advantage that it would allow you to easily maintain that patch and put up new
revision on your own. What do you think?

Thanks this patch, I like the idea!

Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - XMPP: nion_AT_jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA