Re: [dev] [surf][patch] Add support for mailto links

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 13:16:07 +0100

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 19:15:12 +0100
Michael Schupikov <michael.schupikov_AT_gmx.net> wrote:

> Currently surf cannot handle mailto links.
> This patch changes that and passes them to the email client.

I agree with koneu here. Just call xdg-open.
If you don't like xdg-open, I wrote a suckless implementation[0]
of it a while ago which makes a backup of a given xdg-open-script
and places itself on top of it.
It's cool to test out. If you don't like it, you can just make
uninstall and it will put everything in place again.

Cheers

FRIGN

[0]: http://git.2f30.org/soap

--