Re: [dev] A suckless issue tracker

From: Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_member.fsf.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 22:58:49 +0200

On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 22:38:17 +0200
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 22:29:21 +0200
> Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_member.fsf.org> wrote:
>
> > I have just started on a simple issue tracker
> > [Write a decent bug and issue tracking system],
> > that I would like to make part of suckless.org
> > and develop under your mentorship.
>
> Yet another issue tracker ...
>
> Why on earth do people spend so much time to get
> around working on actual software that benefits
> people?
>
> Isn't it bad enough that we have these Arch-hipsters
> on this ml who constantly discuss things without
> providing patches? No offense, Mattias, but if you
> present a project like this, please share why this
> bugtracker solves a problem that all other bugtrackers
> leave unsolved.
>
> If it is yet another NiH-timewaster, I can hardly
> find the motivation to take a closer look at it.
>
> Cheers
>
> FRIGN

Well it was on the list of software you needed,
so I thought I could help out. (So no, it is not
a NIH-timewaster.)

I have not spent too much time researching the
area. (But I assumed you had.) The best solution
to the problem that I know if is bugseverywhere,
but I think it is poorly designed and last time
I used it, it was very buggy. I guess one could
build a solution around it but I think that would
be a half-assed solution.

The entry in 'project ideas' as not very
descriptive of what is needed, but I thought
that addressed later.

Mattias Andrée