Re: [dev] dmenu segfaults when pressing control+enter without a selection

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:05:02 +0100

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:48:02 -0800
Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Eric,

> Bingo. I now have 15 patches I have to fix because someone decided they
> didn't like booleans or the location of the opening brace for function
> definitions in dwm. I don't like the opening brace of functions sharing
> a line with the function parameters, and I don't use booleans in C I
> write for myself, but having to redo all my patches is far worse than
> either of those things.

if we took care of the patches on the wiki before changing the codebase,
there wouldn't be any development at all.
Brace yourselves, sustain the pain. Now the codebase has the uniform style.
It was painful, of course! But in the end, as Hiltjo already said, we have
a consistent codebase.

Waiting with those changes even longer would have made this even worse.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>