Re: [dev] quirks with sam's structured regexps

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 18:18:26 +0100

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 07:59:41AM +0000, Raphaël Proust wrote:
> On 28 February 2016 at 17:20, Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:
> > But I don't see a big problem here, only a minor inconvenience. Do your
> > insert before your append when using a braced compound command, and it
> > works fine.
>
> Yes, it's a minor inconvenience only.

There is no fundamental reason for it though. Sam only keeps track
of the start of the individual changes and errors out if they are not
increasing. An improvement would be to keep track of the intervals
being modified and only report an error if two overlap.

--
 Marc André Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: 10C93617